*It’s absolutely ridiculous that some States were late in sending out their absentee ballots, especially those to our troops. There is no excuse for disenfranchising parts of our citizenship and military. If the problem is the primaries, they should all be held before the ballot mailing-out date, allowing for printing. And there’s no excuse for allowing two weeks after election day to count the returned ballots. These things can be properly counted in a much shorter span of time. The extra time probably allows a very small percentage of late mailed ballots to arrive. These can still be counted. But the majority received within a week should be counted within a few days of election day. All the extra time allows the Democrat machine to challenge and eliminate votes [or find them in car trunks]—the latter which will likely be heavy in Democrat votes. I suggest States and municipalities put on extra supervised help to count them 24hrs each day. If they need money, they should reduce other budgets by 1%, or reduce executive salaries by 10%. That would be especially fruitful for those municipalities with executives earning a ridiculous $500 K to a $million. It would also seem fair to assess all candidates a %age sum from their campaign contributions to pay for the vote counting.
*It’s time to support the many sheriffs around the Country [and ultimately ourselves] in their efforts to stem the illegal immigration flood. One idea is to sue ACLU for aiding, abetting, and otherwise supporting illegal aliens breaking our laws. Others: have the border States declare emergencies and seal off their southern borders with State Guard troops; pressure the Federal Government to act to find and deport illegal immigrants; it’s not racism to stop and search those races having the majority of illegal immigrants. [Does one search Tall or Short men when the perp is identified as being 5' 4"?] Federal Democrats and the Obama administration have made it clear they won’t control the inflow. [Thus abrogating their Constitutional directives.] Why? Simple. They want votes from the illegals and their ethnic brothers. And that’s why they’re pushing the Dream Act. Get wise Americans before we go bankrupt funding these people with medical care and welfare.
*Despite the questionable Constitutionality, I think it’s time to revisit the Alien Friends’ Act: “The Alien Friends Act (officially An Act Concerning Aliens; ch. 58, 1 Stat. 570—passed during an undeclared Naval war with France: the Quasi War) authorized the president to deport any resident alien considered “dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States.” It was activated June 25, 1798, with a two year expiration date.” We’re at war with the terrorists now, and we’re fighting for our survival. We need this protection. We can’t just sit around while the terrorists vegetate and then suddenly blow something up killing people with abandon. This is especially horrendous since, for in many cases, we know who these guys are. We’re reaching a position of choice: protect the rights of the terrorists to terrorize us or protect ourselves by getting rid of them. Having a fine Constitution doesn’t mean much when you’re dead.
*According to the pc politician, Michael Posner[Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Michael Posner]: “…we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential discrimination…” I guess that means that Hispanics [legal and illegal] and Blacks will be favored everywhere just because of their race, and the ‘possibility’ of discrimination somewhere or sometime. Never mind that the Blacks and Hispanics are interested in their own progress, and not in what the government can legislate for them. Never mind the existent majority of Americans from Ireland, Italy, Great Britain, France, Germany, Thailand, China, Japan etc.—or even the Indian [American and Asian] populations who aren’t so favored by these ill-conceived laws. The majority of Americans are the ones being discriminated against these days. Never mind need, decide things based on race so you can’t be called a racist. And be sure to bow down to Muslims in America [who train terrorists, condemn America, and threaten free speech and our actual existence] to show how tolerant you are of the intolerant, misogynistic ‘religion of peace’—the latter being an oxymoron. Like the old joke, it’s a matter of ‘piece’, as in ‘a piece of this and a piece of that’ until even the left is locked out. How do like them apples, Mr Posner? Should we call you an American apologist first and an American citizen second?
*When you have thousands of Muslims dancing in the streets in numerous Mid-Eastern cities when the twin towers were destroyed and nearly 3,000 Americans were killed, I don’t believe you can claim that ‘Muslim extremists’ are the problem. The problem is in the Muslim Koran, religious commentaries and traditions and exhortations about death to infidels and the old ‘spreading the religion by the sword’—as was demonstrated when the Moors attacked and controlled for some time European countries who didn’t want them there. It took Charles ‘the Hammer’ Martel to finally stop their march. [Among others at the time.] People talk about their buildings these days instead of the many thousands—if not millions—of people killed so that the Muslims could conquer the territories of the ‘infidels.’ And of course, they built celebration Mosques where they conquered the locals [sound familiar New York?] There’s little if anything peaceful about the ‘religion’ [I still maintain that it's nothing more than a violent cult] and there’s much to fear about the way the Muslims react to criticism or human rights. [What's a few bombings, beheadings, tortures, beatings, etc. among friends? Eh?]
You’ve been hearing about the politicians squabbling over the ‘Bush Tax Cuts’ expiring on December 31. They aren’t the only difficulties facing taxpayers. Consider these:
The so-called Bush Tax Cuts expiring; those cuts from 2001 and 2003:
Personal income tax rates will rise: 10% to 15%; 25% to 28%; 28% to 31%; 33% to 36%; and 35% to 39.6%. The latter rate is that which subjects 2/3rds of all small business profits. Itemized deductions and personal exemptions will phase out according to income.
The narrower tax brackets for married couples [the marriage penalty] will return from the first dollar of income; the child tax credit will be cut from $1000 to $500; the standard deduction won’t be doubled for married couples [from the single deduction]; dependent care and adoption tax credits will be cut.
There is currently no estate tax at death. For estates created after January 1, the top rate will again be 55% on estates over $1 million. The latter could be reached by taxpayers with two homes and an IRA.
Capital Gains tax rates will rise from 15% to 20%. The dividends tax goes from 15% to 39.6%.
See anything in there that involves only millionaires? I didn’t think so. Don’t believe all the rhetoric from the left.
As for ObamaCare, we want it repealed or defunded and defanged when the GOP comes in. But, until then you have even more taxes to look forward to next month.
ObamaCare prevents you from using your Health Savings Account [HSA], Flexible Spending Account [FSA] or Health Reimbursement Account [HRA] to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medications.
A new cap for FSAs will be $2500 as opposed to the current no limit. This will devastate parents of special needs children, who must pay for special schools and programs for their kids with only after-tax income.
An increase in tax penalty for early withdrawals from an HSA from 10% to 20%.
And the full Obamacare program isn’t scheduled to start until 2014—AFTER OBAMA IS GONE!!!
Also scheduled for 2011:
A multi-$billion tax assessment on brand-name drug manufacturers. Like all other excise taxes, these will increase the cost of medications to you and me.
NB: “The IRS is now empowered to disallow perfectly-legal tax deductions and maneuvers merely because it judges that the deduction or action lacks “economic substance.” This is obviously an arbitrary empowerment of IRS agents,” says Americans for Tax Reform
NB: Employers will be required to report the costs of provided Health Insurance on your 2011 W-2. While this isn’t a tax, it’ll make it very easy for the taxation of these health benefits very soon. The aren’t asking requiring this information for nothing, you know.
And there’s a lot more coming folks. Each month, our friends down in Washington are doing their best to bankrupt and subjugate us. We took one step to correct the horrors in 2010. Now we’ve got to finish the job in 2012. Tea and muffins for the masses! Just don’t use incandescent lightbulbs.
*How interesting is the word ‘Vote.’
The word comes from the late Middle Ages; it’s from the Latin ‘votum’, a vow.
Its formal Ask definition is ‘a formal expression of opinion or choice, either positive or negative, made by an individual or body of individuals’ or ‘the means by which such expression is made, as a ballot, ticket, etc. As a verb, Ask says ‘to express or signify will or choice in a matter, as by casting a ballot: to vote for president. Or with an object, ‘to enact, establish, or determine by vote: to vote a proposed bill into a law.
Mix the letters a bit, and you have ‘Veto.’ Veto comes from about 1629, from the Latin ‘veto’, literally ‘I forbid. It was used by Roman tribunes who opposed measure of the Senate or magistrates. The verb is recorded from 1706, 1620-30…’
Ask goes on to say: ‘to reject [a proposed bill or enactment] by exercising a Veto.’ Or ‘to prohibit emphatically.’
Using three of letters gives us ‘Vet.’ While the main use of that word is ‘short for ‘veterinarian’, many of us use it as ‘short for ‘veteran.’ [It's also used as a verb to describe a process of investigation of a person's background.]
And isn’t ‘Vet’ an apt word derived from the noun ‘vote?’ For it was the active duty military who constantly protect us and keep us safe. They give us protection for our Constitution and way of life, and without them we could never have a ‘free vote.’ And we should never forget that. The Soldiers and Sailors and Marines and Airmen and Coast Guard are on duty 24/7, and we’re appreciative of their efforts. Their existence is a necessary component of our Country’s survival, and we should never force them to undertake unnecessary burdens—especially those thrust upon them to be ‘politically correct.’ We are wrong to be restricting their abilities to protect us by requiring ridiculous rules of engagement that practically give the enemy standing targets.
And if we take the word ‘Veto’ and exchange an ‘i’ for an ‘e’, we have my grandfather’s name, Vito.
* For the New Year, these would be great gifts to the Nation, especially if retro-active to include those politicians in office now:
1. Islam would reform from a cult to a religion. It should split, leaving all the hate and violence to the extremists, purge the hate from the revamped Koran—it was made up of bits and pieces and aberrations of comments and Jewish and Christian items to temper all the hate, misogynism, and violence in the original. The religion-arising-from-the-cult should actively fight against terrorism, cut the hate rhetoric from it’s Imams [fire them and jail them if possible---preferably Guantanamo or some other appropriate place. 'Gulag' comes to mind.] It’s only through reforms like these than peace has a chance in the US and the World. It’ll never happen, but it’s still a good idea.
2. Plea bargains should not be permitted for ethics violations; a public trial should be held and shown on C-Span; conviction should lead to expulsion from the House or the Senate. Charlie and Maxine call your offices.
3. Financial information required from Representatives, Senators, the President, and other administration officials should be more exact and specific, allowing no wiggle room. Spousal ownership should not be permitted to create a loophole.
4. Send our armed forces in great numbers to root out the drug lords, sellers, and cartels operating in the US and terrifying and destroying our citizens. Catch them and send them where the Sun don’t shine! Sic the IRS on them after the army builds barbed wire fences around them. Retain the illegality of drugs, but tax confiscatingly the profits of the drug lords. [Say a straight rate of 99%] We should also stop public funding of any leftist cause, especially PBS, NPR, and the NEA.
5. Identify and deport all illegal aliens immediately if not sooner. Sorry for the disruption of families, but we didn’t invite you here, especially to destroy our welfare resources. And take your kids with you. Since they’re mostly Mexican, the reasonable stopping of Hispanic lawbreakers cannot be considered racial profiling. This is a matter of National Security. Reducing the costs created by the illegals would go a long way towards spurring economic recovery. If some of these aliens want to take the legal way to enter this Country and become citizens, they would be welcomed with open arms just like all other immigrants who have made the effort.
6. Term limits are a must for all political offices. It’s time to return to the citizen-politician. National elective political office should not be a career. Petitioning for a vote of confidence of the President should be permitted. If 60% of the vote taken agrees, the second vote of the electorate should decide on confidence or not. If the President loses, he and his administration must call a Presidential election within 90 days. The new administration should be sworn in within 60 days of the election. No Presidential pardons allowed during the lame duck period. We have a dangerous, un-American man in the White House these days who’s dismantling our Country, and we need a way to remove him without getting stuck with Joe Biden. Remember, it’s a matter of survival.
7. Appropriate applications should be completed for those aspiring to all political offices. [See my blog of 7/31/10]
8. Liberalism, especially the far left type, should be added to the Psychiatric book of disorders and treated appropriately.
Aahh! Now those are gifts to be proud of.